Create an account
[NSFW] This website may contain adult content. If you are easily offended or under 18, please leave the page now. This content is intended for adults only and may contain scenes of sexual content, obscene images or scenes of violence. To disable blur on the site you need to register.
Are you 18 or older? You must be of legal age to view our website. Due to legal requirements you must verify your age.

wild_guy's Picture Stories 15.06.2022  

Upload: 18 May 2022, 10:22
Last updated: 15-06-2022, 08:33
Created by: wild_guy [X]
Uploaded by: Aqxaro
Edit Reason: Version updated - 15-06-2022, 08:33 » [Aqxaro]
wild_guy's Picture Stories 15.06.2022

Making mods takes much time and this mod really can't progress without your support, so if you like my work and have the ability to support me then please do it on my Patreon page. You can get early access to new content. Gold and Platinum supporters also get access to exclusive bonus stuff.

Did you ever think about we have painting descriptions in the build mode but sims aren't able to read them in the live mode? I always lacked such a function, I have many painting replacements and I can write any creative description for them but my sims couldn't know these descriptions, I could only see them while in the build mode and that really sucks.

I long wanted to make paintings more meaningful so that any of them could have its own story that sims could remember and now they can.

This mod adds additional interactions for photos and buyable paintings that allow you to name them and give them their own stories (descriptions) and these stories are shown as notifications when sims remember them.

The maximum story length is limited to 2000 characters. Remembering a story gives sims an imaginative moodlet.

Additional interactions currently work for photos and the vast majority of paintings and it may not work for some paintings that use their own special tuning resources. For example the mod works for Spooky Stuff DLC paintings because I added their support on purpose but it doesn't work for specific paintings from Paranormal Stuff because I didn't do that for them.

I hope you like the idea of the mod. Happy simming!

How to use the mod

Everything is pretty simple. If you click on any photo or buyable painting (except some special paintings), you can use 'Picture Story' option to give it a name and tell its story. After that any sim except children can remember that story using the 'Remember Picture (Photography) Story' option.
Once the name of a picture is set, you can change it as well as picture story using 'Rename' option. Untitled objects continue with 'Picture Story' option even if they have stories.
Thus, when you create quite a lot of stories, of course you can't remember them all with all of details, so It is quite fascinating to read them later while visiting different households, this can give the game some storytelling tone if you want that.

What's new on Patreon

• Updated notifications, now they have both title and text in any case, even when picture name or picture story is missing.
  • Notification titles now use the default text format.
  • Added custom inspired buff instead of the default one, the reason of the buff differs depending on the object type (picture or photography).
  • Made the buff doesn't show up if the story is missing.
  • Added a fix of an old EA bug where you can't change the photo frame to black.

Translations included:

English, Russian - By default

Polish - Thanks, Astercholik

Comments
The minimum comment length is 10 characters.