Create an account

5e Spells v1.1.01  

Upload: 25 Jul 2023, 10:12
Last updated: 5-09-2023, 20:54
Created by: Celes [X]
Uploaded by: Aqxaro
5e Spells v1.1.01

Update 1.1.0

With this release, I've finally reached a sufficient enough stopping point to focus my efforts on other things, including finally playing the game, so I'll primarily tackle bugs and not implement new spells for some time. As previously mentioned, 7th to 9th level spells have been removed from spell lists until they're fixed later. Still plan to implement certain other things desired such as Wizard's and their ritual casting capability that isn't fully addressed. It will likely be done through the script extender, which is now required for those wishing to use the spells implemented through it. In any case, please let me know if anything is off and such as I largely expect it to be with a number of changes needed to be made and more to come.

Update 8.02

So I've gradually been adjusting the new tooltip stuff that Larian has added with this and last patch but most importantly for many, I've added the Shield and Absorb Elements spells to the new reaction system. There are two quirks with them however as the system hasn't been fully fleshed out to allow both spells to work 100%.
  • Absorb Elements - This spell was implemented using a mixture of the old and new parts of the reaction system. Due to being unable to check for the damage types of spells as they're being used at the moment, this was necessary. If you've both enabled the reaction and checked the Ask option for the spell, when you're attacked by anything, it'll ask if you want to activate the spell. If the attack isn't actually one that deals the triggering damage types, you'll simply gain a permanent buff/status that provides resistances to all five damage types. Once damaged by one of the types, you'll gain the corresponding singular resistance to the damage type for 1 turn and on the start of your next turn, the buff to your next melee attack. If the attack is of the spell's triggering damage types though, you skip part of that process.
  • Shield - This is much closer to the way it works RAW but still not quite there yet. When you're first targeted by an attack, you gain the Shield status but the timing of the series of background events causes the AC boost to not be applied immediately to that first attack. Instead, I've made it reactively decrease the attack's attack roll similar to Combat Inspiration for AC. All subsequent attacks until the start of your next turn do register your AC as receiving the bonus however. It works perfectly with Magic Missile though, causing the spell to deal no damage whatsoever to you when you activate Shield.
Update 8.0

So I'm largely updating the mod to account for the base game spells first then I'll proceed to fixing up other spells later. Don't think much was broken but have to account for a number of the tooltip changes, reaction stuff, potentially modifying the Smite spells and figuring out how Glyph of Warding works. And more. Likely still some kinks to work out so anything pertaining to the base game spells that are iffy or whatever, definitely let me know.

Overview

This mod is one of the many that serve to implement some of the unfinished spells in the game's code while some do not appear in the files at all just yet. My purpose in creating this mod was to be implemented in a number of other mods (especially my own), though it is entirely capable of being used alone for the 1st to 3rd level spells. I've also included the ability to cast spells with the ritual tag as ritual spells for those classes with the ritual casting feature. To do so, you simply go under the Passives tab, toggle on the "Ritual Casting" passive and it'll change any spells on your hotbar with the ritual tag to not having a spell slot, which also prevents you from casting it in combat to emulate the longer casting time. 

In any case, many of these spells were largely straightforward to add to the game while some are admittedly questionable but get the job done and I also have additional spells in my Homebrew Spells mod for those interested in more options. However, the ones added in this mod are:

Cantrips
  • Booming Blade
  • Control Flames
  • Create Bonfire
  • Druidcraft
  • Frost Bite
  • Green-Flame Blade
  • Gust
  • Lightning Lure
  • Magic Stone
  • Mind Sliver
  • Mold Earth
  • Prestidigitation
  • Primal Savagery
  • Sapping Sting
  • Spare the Dying
  • Sword Burst
  • Thunderclap
  • Toll the Dead
  • Vicious Mockery
  • Word of Radiance
1st Level Spells
  • Absorb Elements
  • Beast Bond
  • Catapult
  • Cause Fear
  • Ceremony
  • Chaos Bolt
  • Command (Approach, Drop, Flee & Grovel) Added in Patch 9
  • Compelled Duel Added in Patch 9
  • Detect Evil and Good
  • Detect Magic
  • Divine Favor Added in Patch 9
  • Earth Tremor
  • Frost Fingers
  • Gift of Alacrity
  • Ice Knife
  • Magnify Gravity
  • Sanctuary Added in Patch 9
  • Shield
  • Tasha's Caustic Brew
  • Thunderous Smite Added in Patch 9
  • Unseen Servant
  • Wrathful Smite Added in Patch 9
  • Zephyr Strike
2nd Level Spells
  • Aganazzar's Scorcher
  • Alter Self
  • Branding Smite Added in Patch 9
  • Borrowed Knowledge
  • Continual Flame
  • Dragon's Breath
  • Dust Devil
  • Enthrall (Already created but added to spell lists)
  • Flock of Familiars
  • Fortune's Favor - Due to being unable to implement something akin to advantage/disadvantage, without it actually being either of those, this spell instead grants a +4 bonus or -4 penalty to its respective rolls
  • Gust of Wind Added in Patch 9
  • Healing Spirit
  • Kinetic Jaunt
  • Knock (Already created but added to spell lists)
  • Levitate
  • Magic Weapon Added in Patch 9
  • Maximillian's Earthen Grasp
  • Mind Spike
  • Nathair's Mischief
  • Rime's Binding Ice
  • Shadow Blade
  • Snare
  • Snowball Storm
  • Spiritual Weapon
  • Suggestion
  • Summon Beast
  • Tasha's Mind Whip
  • Vortex Warp
  • Warding Bond
  • Warding Wind
  • Wither and Bloom
3rd Level Spells
  • Animate Dead Added in Patch 9
  • Ashardalon's Stride
  • Aura of Vitality
  • Beacon of Hope Added in Patch 9
  • Bestow Curse Added in Patch 9
  • Blinding Smite
  • Blink
  • Call Lightning Added in Patch 9
  • Catnap
  • Conjure Barrage
  • Create Food and Water
  • Crusader's Mantle
  • Daylight Added in Patch 9
  • Elemental Weapon
  • Enemies Abound
  • Erupting Earth
  • Fear Added in Patch 9
  • Feign Death Added in Patch 9
  • Fireball  Added in Patch 9
  • Flame Arrows
  • Fly Added in Patch 9
  • Haste Added in Patch 9
  • Hunger of Hadar Added in Patch 9
  • Hypnotic Pattern Added in Patch 9
  • Intellect Fortress
  • Life Transference
  • Lightning Arrow
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Mass Healing Word Added in Patch 9
  • Melf's Minute Meteors
  • Motivational Speech
  • Nondetection
  • Plant Growth Added in Patch 9
  • Pulse Wave
  • Remove Curse Added in Patch 9
  • Revivify Added in Patch 9
  • Sleet Storm Added in Patch 9
  • Slow
  • Speak with Dead Added in Patch 9
  • Spirit Guardians Added in Patch 9
  • Spirit Shroud
  • Stinking Cloud Added in Patch 9
  • Summon Shadowspawn
  • Thunder Step
  • Vampiric Touch Added in Patch 9
  • Water Walk
4th Level Spells
  • Banishment
  • Blight
  • Confusion
  • Charm Monster
  • Death Ward
  • Dominate Beast
  • Evard's Black Tentacles
  • Fire Shield
  • Freedom of Movement
  • Grasping Vine
  • Gravity Sinkhole
  • Greater Invisibility
  • Guardian of Faith
  • Guardian of Nature
  • Ice Storm
  • Polymorph
  • Raulothim's Psychic Lance
  • Stoneskin
5th Level Spells
  • Banishing Smite
  • Cloudkill
  • Cone of Cold
  • Conjure Elemental
  • Conjure Volley
  • Contagion
  • Dominate Person
  • Far Step
  • Flame Strike
  • Greater Restoration
  • Hold Monster
  • Holy Weapon
  • Mass Cure Wounds
  • Negative Energy Flood
  • Raise Dead
  • Rary's Telepathic Bond
  • Skill Empowerment
  • Steel Wind Strike
  • Summon Draconic Spirit
  • Synaptic Static
  • Telekinesis
  • Temporal Shunt - This one is largely a reaction spell similar to Counterspell and the sort but requires you to actually use it to apply a "buff" to yourself that translates into the reaction popping up due to issues with implementation. Potential chance to visit later.
  • Wall of Stone
6th Level Spells
  • Circle of Death
  • Disintegrate
  • Eyebite
  • Flesh to Stone
  • Heal
7th Level Spells
  • Crown of Stars
  • Finger of Death
  • Regeneration
  • Resurrection
8th Level Spells
  • Dominate Monster
  • Feeblemind
  • Holy Aura
  • Mind Blank
  • Power Word: Stun
9th Level Spells
  • Foresight
  • Invulnerability
  • Mass Heal
  • Power Word: Heal
  • Power Word: Kill
  • Time Stop
  • True Resurrection

I've also made some changes to a few spells that don't adhere to the source material due to changes from Larian. However, I've provide an optional file, called 5e Spells Original, that reverts these changes back to the game's base version.

• Barkskin - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • Call Lightning - Changed duration to 100 turns instead of 10 turns and modified it to actually target a specific location instead of being able to use it anywhere
  • Chromatic Orb - Remove surface creation effects and increased damage of each spell of each level by one die (2d8 to 3d8, etc.), excluding Thunder damage which is the only one correct
  • Compelled Duel - Changed the duration to 10 turns instead of 3 turns
  • Crown of Madness - Changed the duration to 10 turns instead of 3 turns
  • Darkness - Changed duration to 100 turns and added an Item version. However, the Item version doesn't fully operate like the Cloud version, such as being prevented from being targeting or being targeted by those outside of the darkness area or being seen. The most it does is apply Blinded to those within its range and lowers the obscurity level to heavily obscured.
  • Daylight - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • Detect Thoughts - Changed duration to 10 turns instead of until long rest
  • Disguise Self - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • Divine Favor - Changed duration to 10 turns instead of 3 turns
  • Enhance Ability - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • False Life - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • Feign Death - Changed duration to 600 turns (and added a dismiss spell) instead of 10 turns
  • Flame Blade - Change duration to 100 turns instead of until long rest
  • Fly - Changed duration to 100 turns instead of 10 turns
  • Fog Cloud - Changed duration to 600 turns
  • Gaseous Form - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • Goodberry - Changed its hit point regain to 1 and number of berries to 10 instead of 1d4 hit points and 4 berries
  • Hail of Thorns (Fix provided by Djmr to apply the spell's effect on a ranged weapon attack specifically instead of within the spell itself)
  • Haste - Changed it to provide the Haste actions rather than an extra action point. Potion of Speed will provide the same effect as well
  • Heat Metal - Changed it so it applies to a target's armor first instead of their weapons
  • Heroism - Changed to actually provide temporary hit points according to spellcaster's ability modifier
  • Hunter's Mark and Hex - Changed the 1st level version to 600 hours from until long rest, so 3rd level and above become until long rest since any duration above 1 hour is kind of redundant.
  • Hypnotic Pattern - Changed duration to 10 turns instead of 2 turns
  • Invisibility - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of 10 turns
  • Magic Weapon - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • Mirror Image - I haven't made the change in this mod but another modder has to get it closer to 5e (though still not 100%). Check out their mod if you desire such a change.
  • Pass Without Trace - Changed duration to 600 hours instead of until long rest
  • Protection From Energy - Changed duration to 600 turns instead of until long rest
  • Protection From Evil and Good - Changed duration to 100 turns instead of until long rest
  • Protection From Poison - Changed duration to 600 turns
  • Sanctuary - Added an actual spell save DC to the effect
  • Shield of Faith - Change duration to 100 turns instead of until long rest
  • Sleep - Change duration to 10 turns instead of 2 turns
  • Speak with Animals - Changed duration to 100 turns instead of until long rest
  • Speak with the Dead - Changed duration to 100 turns instead of until long rest
  • Spirit Guardians - Changed duration to 100 instead of 10 turns
  • Vampiric Touch - Changed it so it actually heals you based off the damage done

Of course, if there are any issues, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll see what I can do. Definitely have plans to implement more spells, including 3rd levels and more eventually.

Credit

Havsglimt - For the Dunamancy spell icons.
How to Install

I would recommend installing mods using the BG3 Mod Manager. For those who would want to manually install the mod (for whatever reason), place the .pak file in the \AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods folder.

Next, update your AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Player Profiles\Public\modsettings.lsx file in the following way under the ModOrder section and Mods section (below where Gustav is):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<save>
  <version major="4" minor="0" revision="4" build="602" />
  <region id="ModuleSettings">
    <node id="root">
      <children>
        <node id="ModOrder">
          <children>
            <node id="Module">
              <attribute id="UUID" value="fb5f528d-4d48-4bf2-a668-2274d3cfba96" type="FixedString" />
            </node>
          </children>
        </node>
        <node id="Mods">
          <children>
            <node id="ModuleShortDesc">
              <attribute id="Folder" value="Gustav" type="LSString" />
              <attribute id="MD5" value="" type="LSString" />
              <attribute id="Name" value="Story" type="LSString" />
              <attribute id="UUID" value="991c9c7a-fb80-40cb-8f0d-b92d4e80e9b1" type="FixedString" />
              <attribute id="Version64" value="36029050422037059" type="int64" />
            </node>
            <node id="ModuleShortDesc">
              <attribute id="Folder" value="5eSpells" type="LSString" />
              <attribute id="MD5" value="" type="LSString" />
              <attribute id="Name" value="5eSpells" type="LSString" />
              <attribute id="UUID" value="fb5f528d-4d48-4bf2-a668-2274d3cfba96" type="FixedString" />
              <attribute id="Version64" value="36028797018963968" type="int64" />
            </node>
          </children>
        </node>
      </children>
    </node>
  </region>
</save>

Comments
The minimum comment length is 10 characters.