Create an account

ModGuard: Mod Malware Protection  

Upload: 09 Feb 2024, 12:09
Last updated: 10-02-2024, 15:03
Created by: TwistedMexi
Uploaded by: Aqxaro
ModGuard: Mod Malware Protection

Some of you may be aware of the recent events in the community, involving someone accessing modder accounts and "updating" their mod files with a virus downloader.

If you aren't aware, then The Sims After Dark discord has quite a few announcements covering what has been breached so far, what the virus does, and what steps you need to take if you were affected. Here is a page from their site covering the topic. I'd recommend taking a look

It's become clear this isn't going to be a one-and-done thing, as more breaches have occurred over the last week. In response, I have created a new mod to counter it.

ModGuard blocks common virus vectors, tracks the mod file that attempted to download it, notifies you, and shares the mod name with our team so compromised modder accounts can be notified as soon as possible.

This will help not just protect you, but to protect everyone else by minimizing the time compromised downloads remain available.

Think of ModGuard as a safety net:

I'd like to emphasize that all hacks and anti-hack tools are a cat-and-mouse game. There is always potential for a workaround to pop up. As such, please continue to use discretion when downloading mods, especially from small or unknown modders. In addition, be skeptical of any mods that suddenly "update" without providing detailed notes on what the update is for. Be on the lookout for imposter accounts as well. If the name is mispelled, or the account is new, for a modder you know has been around for a long time, it's likely an imposter.

This is going straight to public release of course, as the community needs a tool quick to prevent the spread of this and other viruses.

It also goes without saying:
Make sure you only ever download ModGuard from my official platforms - Patreon, TwistedMexi.com, TwistedMexi on CurseForge.

Features:

• Prevents common virus vectors.
  • Finds the responsible mod
  • Notifies the user of the compromised mod.
  • Alerts our team of the compromised mod.

Install Instructions

FOLLOW IT WORD FOR WORD.

1. Delete any existing copies you have for ModGuard

2. DONT use any zip extract options. Instead, OPEN the "TwistedMexi's ModGuard v1.0 Official" zip by clicking it and drag the "Tmex-ModGuard.ts4script"  inside to your mods root. That's it!

Comments
The minimum comment length is 10 characters.