With the dawn of a new millennium, a new chapter in human history is about to be written. Globalization continues to change the lives of countless billions, while rising extremism is showing signs of igniting the fires of conflict. New powers begin to emerge, and not all believe their place in the global order, or that of some competitors, is warranted. A struggle will soon begin, and it will likely change everything. Will you lead your Nation to prosperity and dominance in the decades ahead, or will your Nation fall victim to the defining moments of history?
Welcome to Millennium Dawn.
Millennium Dawn is a multi-mod project set in the year 2000 and carries forward to modern day. The mod itself boasts new and unique tech trees, focus trees, events, and decisions to immerse you in the intricacies of the modern era.
Further it offers a new and unique economic system, a new political system, national taxation and debt, custom internal political factions, international influence mechanics, custom 3D models, a custom soundtrack, and much more!
- New and Unique Map (new provinces, real borders, states, resources, industry, and population)
- New Countries (all with portraits, correct statistics, and military leaders)
- New Economic System (development, debt, corruption, and budget-management)
- New Tech Tree (extending from 1965-2035)
- New Equipment and Unit types (all made from scratch to make combat a complete new experience)
- All countries have highly detailed and accurate armies, navy, aircraft, and equipment based on real world statistics collected by the IISS’s The Military Balance 2016, SIPRI’s Trends in International Arms Transfers 2016, and FlightGlobal’s World Air Forces 2015.
- Detailed Civil Wars (if it exists, it's here)
- Modern 3D models
- New Political System
- Custom Internal Faction System
- Custom Sphere of Influence Mechanics
- Custom Missile System
- Custom European Union System
- All new modern sound effects
Focus Trees as of v1.8.7:
- Ethiopia (Eritrea Puppet Shared)
- Shared EU Focus (USoE & POTEF)
- Gulf tree for BHR, KUW, OMA, QAT, SAU, UAE including shared GCC tree also available to EGY, IRQ, JOR, MOR, YEM
- Korea (South & North as well as a shared tree.)
- United Kingdom
- United States
We still have a long way ahead of us before we reach the end of our development so stick with us and keep up!
Current Version: 1.8.7
Current HOI4 Version: 1.12.*
Supported Languages: English, French, Russian
Expected Checksum: 9e3b
Most recent changelog can be found using the changelog feature on the workshop OR via our discord.
What can we expect in Future Releases?
Future updates will add more content across the board. Decisions, dynamic events, politics, focuses, more conflicts, and all that exciting geopolitical action we know you love and crave.
You will find the roadmap for Millennium Dawn in our Discord.
If you are having issues running Hearts of Iron update 1.12.* you may experience poor performance with this mod!
Due to the size and scope of this mod, Millennium Dawn. has higher system specs than vanilla.
Do not use other mods or submods with this mod unless the author of the submod has specifically stated that their submod works with Millennium Dawn.
Any crash/bug reports or balance issues made while running other active mods will be ignored/disregarded as we cannot feasibly support any issues with mods.
Please write to us about errors, but specify as many details as possible — otherwise it is not helpful.
This mod does not require DLC to play but the Millennium Dawn team highly recommends having all DLC to get the full experience.