Create an account

Last Alliance: TW Alpha v0.3.0 - Durin's Folk  

Upload: 29 Mar 2022, 17:50
Created by: Sara_Temer [X]
Uploaded by: Aqxaro
Version: 0.3.0
Last Alliance: TW Alpha v0.3.0 - Durin's Folk

Last Alliance: TW is overhaul mod to Shogun 2. This mod base on stories from Tolkien's books, concretely on wars Dúnedain and Elves against Sauron at the end of the Second Age. This still WIP, but is avaiable alpha with playable campaign ^^ In final version will be two campaigns: Akallabêth and Last Alliance War.

This is full version, you don't need previous version to play, but you don't have to remove previous version (e.g. if you want finish your started campaign). Don't run files from different version together!

If you have problems with mod, check firstly Installation Guide, Known bugs list and FAQ, links above.

If the download is slow, open the mirror server list and select a server from your region.

Mod should be stable, but sometimes isn't. So I suggest to saving game often (and don't replace saves of course)

Features
- new map (72 provinces)
- new factions
- new units
- new movement animation (for swordsmen and spearmen)
- rebalance of the economic system
- new characters (Tar-Miriel, Ar-Pharazon and others)
- new technologies, resources and buildings
- new music and new voices
- unique appearance for Haradrim faction leaders (Black Serpent clan and Golden Lion clan)
- new icons
- new models of settlements on the strategic map and more.

List of available factions

• Kingdom of Numenor
  • Empire of Numenor
  • Numenor colony in Umbar
  • Colony of Numenor at Pelargir
  • Colony of Numenor in Vinyalonde
  • Haradrim clan of the Black Serpent
  • Haradrim clan of the Golden Lion

Let's start with the campaign map. Because I decided there was no point in editing the map just for the 6 new settlements in Ered Hithui and Ered Luin I decided instead to add all of West Rhovanion right away, preparing the ground for future updates with Lothlorien and Eryn Galen. Because of this, they're just a placeholder for now (as are the Woodmen living in the Vale of Anduin), so don't expect anything special from them.
Additionally, two settlements have been added in the northern part of Angmar where I have settled an additional faction of orcs along with two others which have settled in the north and south of Rhovanion.
All in all, the campaign map has been expanded by an additional 28 settlements. It has also received some minor improvements, both visual and technical.

Moving on to the dwarves themselves, you could see a few of their units in the previous update where I posted them as a preview, however, now you can experience their true strength.
The dwarven army is slow, but fierce and relentless. Even when surrounded by overwhelming forces they are menacing and constantly ready to carve a path with their axes.
They are also excellent sprinters, and in addition to this we have prepared several special equipment for the Durin's Folk which will add variety to their gameplay.

On the campaign map, Khazad-dûm was divided into three settlements. I felt that a single settlement in Total War would not reflect even a small amount of how big and powerful this kingdom is. The dwarves have bonuses to the income from the mines, so they can exploit the potential of the mountain riches better than the other factions.
In addition, they received access to a new type of building - Granary, which will allow them to maintain stable food reserves even in the case of sudden loss of part of the territory or enemy raids on farmland.
Of course, we couldn't miss a unique technology tree for Khazad-dûm, the preparation of which is, as usual, the responsibility of Luiza Aris.

In addition to Khazad-dûm you can also find a playable Ered Luin in the main menu. Please note, however, that this faction is not yet ready and shares everything with the Durin's Folk.I have only unlocked it as an alternative dwarven start option and for the possibility to play the dwarven co-op campaign. There is an update planned for them in which they will get their own models, units, technologies, etc.

Installation

Via Mod Manager
Move the mod files to the data folder of the game (Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data).
Launch the game and select all mod files in the Mod Manager (if you don't have one, then subscribe to any mod in the Steam Workshop and the Mod Manager will download and install automatically).

Manual installation
Move the mod files to the data folder of the game (Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data).
Create user.script.txt and write in it all the mod files according to the example.
Then move user.script.txt to the scripts folder (C:\...\...\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts).

For the pirated version
Move the mod files to the data folder of the game
Create user.script.txt and write in it all the mod files according to the example.
Then move user.script.txt to the scripts folder (C:\...\...\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts).

Installation Guide | Changelog.

Comments
The minimum comment length is 10 characters.