Create an account
[NSFW] This website may contain adult content. If you are easily offended or under 18, please leave the page now. This content is intended for adults only and may contain scenes of sexual content, obscene images or scenes of violence. To disable blur on the site you need to register.
Are you 18 or older? You must be of legal age to view our website. Due to legal requirements you must verify your age.

Default Skin Replacements 2.0 
[Exclusive]

Upload: 17 Dec 2023, 14:34
Created by: Simdulgence [X]
Uploaded by: Aqxaro
Default Skin Replacements 2.0

I'm not a huge fan of the game's default skin textures. They aren't particularly detailed in the groin and buttocks, and there are dark shadows in other places that are too heavy for my liking. I've offered default skin replacements before, but this version was created from scratch to fix my issues with the game's skins as well as serve as a perfect match for the new SimpleGens 2.0 anatomy.

I created these skins to reflect how I wanted my sims to look in the game. I can't account for everyone's own personal taste, so I'm not offended if you choose to stick with the game's skins or use another CC creator's work!

I've uploaded texture comparisons for the front and back view of each of the game's five skin textures (neutral, bony, thin, fat, muscular) to help you see what my skin replacements include.

FEATURES & DETAILS:
1) More detailed groin and buttocks. 
I've added iliac crest lines in varying intensities depending on the muscle/weight, as well as extra definition in the buttocks.
2) Smoother shadows on arms. Default arms have weird shadows that stand out to my eye, so I've smoothed these out.
3) Less intense upper thigh detail. The upper thighs on the bony/muscular/thin textures get a little too detailed for my taste, so I've reduced the strength of these lines.
4) Less extreme bony/fat torso details. The details on these two textures are too strong for the meshes that accompany them (for example, the default back texture makes a fat sim look fatter than the shape of their body).
5) Reduced shadows on the outside and inside of legs. The default skins have shadows where they would naturally fall when a sim is standing up, but sometimes these look weird when a sim is in another pose (especially laying down), so I reduced the intensity of these.

2.0 default skins are available for male sims (T, YA, A, E). A female skin replacement will be added at a future date.

CHANGELOG:
2023-12-12: 
Added an optional overlay version of the skin textures. The overlay can be found in Body Skin Details, under the front torso birthmark slot.

Download:

Download simdulgence_DefaultSkinReplacementMale_v2_20231119.zip
Download simdulgence_SkinDetails_SkinOverlayMale_20231212.zip

Comments
The minimum comment length is 10 characters.